Published On: Fri, Aug 19th, 2016

Multiple NASCAR drivers ponder racing 'The Double'

Share This
Tags



by



Sean Gardner / NASCAR / Getty

Roger Penske says he wouldn’t be surprised to see a number of his colleagues racing the double-header next year.

After seeing Brad Keselowski zip around in his Indy car, Penske says there’s a chance some NASCAR drivers would partake in the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600, known as “The Double”, on May 29, 2017.

“I’m not sure we’re planning to put (Keselowski) in a car at Indianapolis at this point, but it’s amazing, there’s been a couple of Cup drivers, not to mention names, that have come to us that maybe want to run The Double,” Penske told NBC Sports’ Nate Ryan. “You never know. We might have a chance for one of these guys to jump in our car.”

Last month, Keselowski said it was a thrill to get in an Indy car, and although it would take him some time to learn the ins and outs, he knows time is on his side with regards to making a decision.

“The Indy car was amazing,” he said. “I thought it went fairly well. Of course, you always want to be faster. I wanted to do it longer and keep learning and building off of it, but it was a great experience.

“You never know where the future is going to take us, but it was nice at the very least to knock something off the bucket list and be prepared for whatever future opportunity there might be.”

The last NASCAR driver to race at both the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway was Kurt Busch, who did it in 2014.



Source link

About the Author

Like us on Facebook
/